Are you camera-shy? Here are 5 awesome tips to help you be at ease in front of the camera during your photo-shoot in Bora Bora or elsewhere.
Bora Bora and its resorts provide excellent opportunities to have a romantic photo-shoot! Here are a few tips to help you make the best out of it!
1) Find a photographer you are comfortable with. Get several quotes but also ask for ideas and inquire about their experience shooting at a particular location. Knowing the location is important, it will make the shooting go smoothly.
While you can get a good idea about the photographer’s personality by email, having a call is even better if you are not able to meet face to face prior to your photo session – It is easy today to be in touch regardless of distances, Viber, Zoom, WhatsApp etc.. It is equally important for your photographer to get to know you a bit too. Also Inquire if they work alone or have an assistant.
2) Your photographer’s primary job is to make you at ease and to coach you through poses and scenes during the shooting. Distance matters, we try to shoot from a distance without being too intrusive – Giving you space is an important factor, if you wish to have portraits, we will usually do these at the end of the session once you are more comfortable.
Working as a couple has its advantages, Bonnie is a wonderful coach for our couples and families – She will assist you during the entire process, she brings her feminine touch to the photos – We love floating veils or dresses, our couples find it fun and she is great at doing it! We wish for you to have fun! This will help us capture candid and natural moments!
During weddings, Bonnie is my second shooter – She will shoot from a distance and does a great job at capturing candid moments.
3) Use props! It can be very awkward to just stand in front of a camera. Use props to give you something to focus on — A branch from a palm tree, a coconut, hat, flowers, etc! We love natural photos, a prop might help bring a natural element to the image without you overthinking.
For our couples, be yourselves, joke, kiss, talk to each other and have fun as if it was just the two of you!
4) We love movement! While Bonnie is a wonderful coach to demonstrate poses, posing is not a given, often not natural for everyone – We like to favor movement! It will be more natural for you, we like to make you twirl, walk, run, jump, flip your hair etc. We find that movement helps you focus on having fun, it is more interesting and spontaneous and you will forget about being in front of a camera!
5) Pick an intimate spot – Knowing the location helps, the resorts have many wonderful spots – A crowded beach might not be the best place to start! We will plan the shooting accordingly based on your comfort level!
Many couples have the desire to capture sexy photos, again the location is an important factor – We have had many couples wanting to explore a more sensual approach, topless, semi nude, more sensual poses – Bora Bora has much to offer, our full day tour is a great option for these!
If your photographer is not relaxed or having fun, you likely won’t be either!
Don’t try to pose, HAVE fun, evolve and move in front of the camera.
Trust your photographer to be familiar with the location but check it out too!
Practice ahead of time and look for inspiration on the web!
Do not be afraid to ask your photographer if you have a specific idea or pose in mind!
Enjoy the moment and be yourself!
Outstanding Photography Team!I am so thankful we made our decision to book Stephan and Bonnie for our beach wedding at Le Bora Bora Pearl Resort. We really enjoyed their company and professionalism. They work great together helping us pose the right way to get the perfect shots. They made us feel comfortable and excited during the photo shoot. The photos truly expressed our personalities and feelings between the two of us. The photos are amazing and delivered quickly. Couldn't have asked for more on our wedding day! Do not hesitate booking them to perfectly capture your precious memories!cynthia hardin9/21/2021
Stephan and Bonnie were such a pleasure to work with! This was our first professional photo shoot but they not only guided us every step of the way, they cared about the pictures the way we cared about the pictures:
- Looking beautiful and handsome (eg getting us at our best angles, ensuring no bad postures, etc.)
- Seeming candid, but still looking amazing (for that #nofilter photo!)
- Capturing our unique and special moments
- Capturing amazing “in the moment”/“in action” shots that just can't otherwise be reproduced
- Taking the time to get the perfect picture
I’m in awe and so grateful for their passion and dedication to my wedding photo shoot. This was not just a job for them; they truly wanted to get the best shots for us. We were not rushed in any way, and they did their best to accommodate every request so if you're lucky enough to book them, be ready with your wish list cause they will do it!
Thank you Bonnie for always prepping us so me and my husband would look our best.
Thank you Stephan for doing your magic and making us look like natural models!
If I could, I would love you both to be my main and personal photographers wherever I go!
Stephan et Bonnie sont très agréables et très professionnels ! Ils nous ont merveilleusement bien accompagnés lors de notre mariage à Bora Bora. Ils savent nous mettre à l’aise de suite : Bonnie, tout en douceur, est là pour donner la pause et des conseils. Stephan quant à lui, capture instantanément de merveilleux clichés. Un vrai duo qui permet d’avoir des photos de qualité. Le résultat est incroyable, le shooting à la journée a permis d’aller dans des endroits sublimes où nous étions seuls.Je vous les recommande à 100% !Elise LAFFRAY8/31/2021
Un grand merci à Stephan et Bonnie qui ont été très professionnels ! On a passé un très bon moment et les photos sont superbesAlizée Ruffin8/30/2021