With so many families visiting Bora Bora nowadays, having a photo session is a great way to capture life long memories of your stay!
Family photography sessions are a great way to capture precious memories and create lasting keepsakes for generations to come. However, with so many different factors to consider, it can be difficult to know where to start. In this article, we’ll share our top 7 tips for a successful family photography session during your stay in Bora Bora or Abroad.
- Plan ahead. Before the day of the session, take some time to plan out the details. Decide on a location, your photographer in Bora Bora will likely know the best spots but it does not hurt to scout the resort and get ideas. Consider your choice of clothing, and any props or special items you may want to include in the photos. By planning ahead, you can ensure that everything runs smoothly on the day of the session.
- Choose the right photographer for you, don’t be afraid to ask detailed questions. Not all photographers are created equal, so it’s important to do your research. Look for a photographer with experience in family photography and a portfolio that showcases their work. This will help ensure that you are getting high-quality photos that you will treasure for years to come.
- Be comfortable. Family photography sessions can be challenging, especially if you or your children are not used to being in front of the camera. To help alleviate some of this stress, make sure to choose comfortable clothing. This will help you feel more at ease and make it easier to get natural-looking photos.
- Get the lighting right and get input from the photographer as they likely know the best time based on the location! Lighting is one of the most important factors in family photography. Make sure to choose a location with natural light, or if the session is held indoors, use window light as a source of illumination. Also, make sure that the lighting is soft and even to avoid harsh shadows and squinting.
- Be candid. While it’s important to have a few posed shots, candid moments often make for the most natural and beautiful photos. Encourage your family to be playful and have fun during the session, and don’t be afraid to capture those candid moments that happen in between the poses. It is natural for toddlers to cry at times, it is ok! Don’t stress it out!
- Use different camera angles. To add variety to your photos, try taking shots from different angles. Get low and take a photo from the children’s point of view, or take a shot from above to give a different perspective. Experimenting with different camera angles will help add interest and depth to your photos.
- Have fun! At the end of the day, family photography sessions should be fun and enjoyable. So, relax, be yourself, and make sure to have fun during the session. Not only will this help create more natural and spontaneous photos, but it will also make the experience more enjoyable for everyone involved.
Planning ahead for your family photography session is essential for ensuring that everything runs smoothly on the day of the session. First, decide on a location for the shoot and get input from the photographer. The photographers in Bora Bora are usually very intimate with the resorts, let them guide you through and make suggestions.
Next, think about the clothing that your family will wear. Coordinating outfits can help create a cohesive look in your photos. Avoid patterns and logos as they can be distracting, and instead choose solid colors that complement each other. Also, you can bring some props which can be used to create unique and interesting compositions in the photos.
Finally, do some research and make a list of the shots you want to capture during the session. This will help keep you on track and ensure that you don’t miss any important moments.
Choose the right photographer
Choosing the right photographer for your family photography session is crucial for ensuring that you get high-quality, professional photos that you will treasure for years to come. When researching photographers, look for one with experience in family photography and a portfolio that showcases their work. Look for a photographer that has captured families with different ages and sizes, and that has a variety of style, it’s important to find someone that align with your taste.
Also, don’t hesitate to ask for references and to schedule an initial meeting or a call before the session, it’s important that you feel comfortable with the photographer and that you understand his or her vision and approach.
One of the most important elements of a successful family photography session is that everyone involved feels comfortable and at ease. When choosing clothing, make sure to select something that is comfortable and that makes you feel confident. Additionally, encourage your family to relax, be playful and have fun during the session, this will help make everyone more comfortable and more natural in front of the camera.
Get the lighting right
Proper lighting is one of the most important elements of any photography session, and family photography is no exception. When selecting a location, look for one that has natural light, Bora Bora tends to have a harsh sunlight, a morning session is typically ideal for families.
While it’s important to have a few posed shots, candid moments often make for the most natural and beautiful photos. Encourage your family to be playful and have fun during the session, and don’t be afraid to capture those candid moments that happen in between the poses.
Use different camera angles
Adding variety to your photos is essential for keeping your audience engaged, and experimenting with different camera angles is a great way to achieve this. Try taking shots from different angles, such as from a low or high angle. This can help add interest and depth to your photos.
At the end of the day, family photography sessions should be fun and enjoyable. So, relax, be yourself, and make sure to have fun during the session.Check our portfolio