When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
-When Harry Met Sally
Having attended & photographed many weddings here in Bora Bora and abroad, we know couples and perhaps more so the bride can feel a certain stress on this very special day.
Weddings in Bora Bora are typically couples who decided to Elope and while the day is certainly as important to the couple, not having the pressure from parents and friends can alleviate some of the pressure they could have from a larger wedding.
Our Moto is “No Stress in Bora Bora!” – It is part of our job as photographers to make you feel at ease, to give you the intimacy you need while capturing the best images of your special day!
We hope these few tips will perhaps help you plan your wedding in Bora Bora and make it the most mesmerizing day of your lives!
For a wedding ceremony, we suggest a 2 – 3hr session, this allows us to meet you at your room and capture preparation scenes, accessories etc. It also gives us plenty of time to cover the many stunning spots of the resorts for a photo-shoot after your ceremony. We love shooting in the water, these require a bit more time on site and thus we will also do these on a 2-3 hr basis.
- Bora Bora being south of the equator, there can be quite a time difference for many visitors. Allow a few days to adapt and get a feel for your resort and the Island.
- Schedule your wedding mid-stay, this gives you a few days to adapt and also a few days in “reserve” in the event of bad weather and allow you to reschedule to another day if necessary.
- IT IS YOUR DAY, details do matter and your ceremony should be as perfect as you wish. Don’t be afraid to ask questions to your wedding planner and/or photographer. People here are very friendly and welcoming, Bonnie and I care about providing you the best experience possible.
- Be yourself, no reserve nor holding back – Let these emotions come to life! Capturing your emotions, smiles, love, tears is BEAUTIFUL! (it is ok for you guys too!)
- Bora Bora brings a tropical weather year round, with June – Sept being the winter and slightly cooler. Wedding ceremonies are typically best planned in the morning or later in the afternoon, it is more enjoyable and the light is also better
- Wear comfortable formal wear, beachwear works – We love long light dresses as they provide nice movement in the photos. Going in the water & getting wet is common and some brides acquire a cheap dress for this purposes – Don’t miss out the fun, bring home some unique memories!
- If you have a particular shot in mind or your spotted a scenic area you love, make sure to let us know. If not, no worries we are here to coach you and we know the resorts well.
Each resort provides their own wedding packages and options, some include photography but remember that you are free to choose your own photographer – This is often a very personal choice, personality, reputation, style etc.
We will write more about the specific of the weddings for each resort.
Hope this will be helpful to you and we certainly would love to hear from you!